Friday, March 14, 2008

Down for the Count

Well several of you have informed me that I haven't updated this blog in a while and there is a reason for that. Well a week ago tomorrow was a rough day. I was sitting at an Acquire the Fire event with our youth group and got a stabbing pain in the back of my neck/head. All of the sudden the left side of my face went numb and my hand down to my toe as well as my lips being tingling.

So granted i freaked out and ended up at the Detroit Medical Center by ambulance. Long story short they did a Spinal Tap looking for a brain aneurism. No worries the 2nd time they did the test it came back clear. The blood found the first time they did the test came back with blood in the spinal fluid, but they think that it is just from the testing process.
So still with a major headache and very nauseous they let me go home. (I didn’t want to stay if it wasn't going to be any different there or home).

So I thought i was feeling better on Tuesday and started to move around more. This being the worse thing i could do. Turns out I was feeling like I was going to pass out and had the worst headache I have ever had. Throughing up again I ended up at the hospital. All in all the lumbar puncture hadn't healed and I was still leaking spinal fluid causing my headache and making me feel miserable.

Long story shortened they sent me home with a mix of meds and I have been here on the couch every since. So I am feeling a bit better today and maybe going to lunch even with a friend. So sorry for all of you that have called. I am slowly returning everyone’s calls. I am alive and returning to well! All in all I will be going to a pain clinic in Ann Arbor a place that specializes in head trauma. Hopefully it helps.

The good news is Beaumont called and I now have a new job!!!! This is very exciting.

1 comment:

Scott Robichaud said...

Wow....who knew.

Good to hear things were insane and now okay. Thing your blog giving blackout was related?

-s

My Hubby and I

My Hubby and I